Step 1: Wear Badass Jewelry

If you come into the dog park wearing baggy straight leg jeans, a t-shirt with a wolf on it, and your arm stack consists of “Livestrong bracelets” your gonna get caught. Make your life a little easier and go in there looking like you own the place. Get on Cruella Di Vil’s levels (minus the fur please) and wear bling that even the most jaded New York fashionistas will ask where they can buy it. Don’t forget your cape you might need to hide the dog at some point.

Step 2: Formulate a Plan

Yes, it’s a obvious step, I know, but a plan is necessary. This is NYC where you need a masters degree to get a job as a waitress. Everyone here is pretty smart so your gonna need to analyze this from all angles.

Step 3: Find a Portable Dog

Good doggy, so small and portable. So cute and cuddly! You are mine! MUHHHHAAAAA

Step 4: Befriend Owner

Take advantage of being at the park and asks questions to make sure the dog is right for you.“Your dog is so cute, whats his name? Is he potty trained? How old is he? shots updated? neutered? temperament?” As a side note remember dogs are like people, we all have our good and bad sides so don’t expect perfection!

Step 4: Have friend distract owner

Your going to need a partner in crime for this, bribe a friend with free brunches. If all your friends are straight laced squares, tell them its for your dissertation on negative social interactions. If they ask why you never told them about getting a phd, get a faraway look into your eye and say, “there are many things you don’t know about me.”

Step 5: Keep Walking

This is the first time you will be holding your new pet so make sure you sing him a little song to comfort him, “rock a bye doggy in my arms, as I steal you, quite you will be, or ill have to run and being dropped is a possibility ”.

Step 6: Uhh I think I am being followed

hmm ok step 6 was suppose to be success but I am being followed….

Step 7: Make a break for it

The idea was to keep walking till you reached the gate, but once your found out its either abort mission or use your clever backup plan (see step 2) to ensure success. My backup plan was to run, hopefully yours is more strategic.

Step 8: Escape the park

If someones at the gate when your trying to escape, act nonchalant and give them the thumbs up. Really though this is where your accessorizing is important. Ideally they will be be so impressed with your bling they wont notice people yelling and running towards you.

Step 9: Enjoy life with your new “found” friend

Congratulations your are now a dog parent, despite your questionable morals, you now have a responsibility for this little furry life. Cook him healthy foods, bring him to get a monthly massage at the dog parlour, and dye his hair a little in case a bunch of wanted posters go up.

For those who rather obtain a dog without stealing it. I would like to direct you to http://www.susiesseniordogs.com/ . This is a wonderful organization, that helps old dogs in shelters find homes. There are so many old, wonderful companions you can find in a shelter, and while a puppy may be fun there are many benefits to getting an older dog too! With age comes wisdom, and many of us can use a wise friend to help us navigate this crazy world!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

142 Responses to “How to steal a dog from a NYC dog park by being fashionable in 9 steps”

1. Kristina

Such a fun post, I love it! And I love what you’re wearing, you look great! 🙂

Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! 🙂
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    Bloglovin
    Facebook 🙂

Kisses from Zurich,
    K

2. Denise

I loove dogs, so sweet pictures and yes, asking the name is nice! I loved the jewelry, very boho and the cape is amazing – I thought it wold be a kimono, but cape is OK, too! I also loved the shorts, so nice detail on the hem!
    DenisesPlanet.com

3. Tamara

HA! You are hilarious. I’d love to get away with this, despite my questionable morals.
    I think the jewelry is the biggest part of it all.

• artadorned

Hi Leta,

Thank you! lol its fun just watch out for the older ladies with the dogs they will attack you!

4. Brooke

Oh my gosh you look like a puppy magnet in these photos! How adorable. I love the way you’ve set this post up too, very cute and creative 🙂
    Brooke | brookewrote

5. Missy May

Hahaha….this is such a fun post. I love and enjoyed it. You look fashionably stealing. Lol! 🙂

missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

6. Gabrielle

This post genuinely made me laugh – so funny.. and cute! SO, what you’re saying is.. wearing super fashionable clothing and jewellery and you can become a dog-napper in no time?! Great! 😉

Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

x

7. Diana Bryant

OMG! What a cute post sweetie!! That is my favorite dog park in the city! What a beautiful blog you have. You gain a new follower! 😉

I would like to invite you to check out my blog. I’m a life coach and every week, I post life coaching blogs and videos to help you achieve your dreams and live a balanced life. I would love to stay in touch with you and have you as part of the community! I hope to see you there and stay in touch! <3

Diana Bryant

http://www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com – Blog

http://www.DianaBryant.com – Web

8. jackie

Ha ha, brilliant post!! This is the perfect look for dog napping 🙂
    I love those shorts, the print is fantastic!

xo, jackie
    stylemydreams.com

9. Janice

Love your outfit! And I might have to save this post because the kids want a dog but they’re too darn expensive nowadays. Ha. Thanks! 😉

10. Janice

P.S. You need to put some social sharing buttons on your posts so we can share your awesomeness to the world! At least Twitter, Facebook, and Google! 😉 I’d follow you!

11. Hilary Nirvana

OMG! HAHA this is so funny thanks for sharing I am in love with your style, your blog is one of my favourite<3 Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

kisses

12. Sonya

This was too funny!!! Who knew being stylish would help if you want to successfully steal a dog from the dog park.

13. ana

Loool, you’re hilarious! Great post hun, it was so fun to read. And omg I love your outfit!! The shorts and the kimono are to die for <3

Check out my blog | ANASOFIACHIC
    @anasofiachic

14. kenya

Bom dia
    Amei este post e me encantei em conhecer o seu blog. Ele é cheio de estilo, ótimas dicas e tem uma aparencia espetacular! Fiquei muito feliz em te conhecer.
    Beijos!!!
    viciadasemlivros911.blogspot.com.br

15. Holly

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I loved this post, it made me laugh so much and your outfit is so cute. xx

16. Link

Half of me was thinking, Georgina, don’t do this. Stealing a dog is just plain wrong. The other half of me was thinking, Georgina, you’re in a bad fix and you got to do whatever it takes to get yourself out of it.